Skip to main content

January Round Up

January Round Up

Right out of the gate, I went CRAZY! But as most resolutions, I tapered off to little activity. BUT, I am pushing forward and truly want to finish these skills. So this is what I have accomplished in January. At the end of this post is my February goals.

Change Jar- I did have about $50 in here. We used it to pay bills. I am ok with that. I am glad I saved it and we were able to pay those bills.

No Eating out- Oh boy… can we not talk about this? 11 times… yes 11! Who does that? We do, that’s who.. I started putting a huge X on the calendar when we ate out. Chevy Man caught on pretty quick. That slowed everything down, so that will be a continued thing. MUST.TRY.HARDER!

Electricity Reduction Challenge- we averaged about 18 kwh per day. I plan on averaging 15 kwh per day in February.

Needlework Challenge- learn to knit dish clothes- DONE!
swiffer covers-DONE!

Homesteading Challenge-
1. make paper- Done. I plan on making more as part of a vday gift!
3. make noodles- done. next up is noodle shapes!
4. make bread w/o maker weekly- successful. The sandwich bread recipe here on FV is wonderful!!
5. make bagels- done. I plan on making flavored ones next time.
7. hamburger buns- I found the perfect recipe for this. It also works as a hot dog bun recipe. But, we don't have any hot dogs, so no reason to make them!


Frugal Challenge-

no lights on until dark- success! this has been easy, yet difficult for chevy man... hmm
made noodles, chicken noodle soup and french bread all from scratch- done. super yummy and went on the monthly menu.
made syrup done.
refilled misto pump- not done. its broken
heat down to 68 during the day 70 tonight.- success. it has only been set above 70 degrees 2 times.
hope to cut my dependency on tv... this has happened. The tv is hardly ever on. my tv in the living room broke haha! must be a sign...

Waste No more Food Challenge- I have been planning leftovers better into the menu plan. I did learn to not make soup twice in one week. Good lesson!

Photo a day blog- I have successfully done this. I am loving this challenge. I am learning a lot about myself.

Go Greener Challenge- recycling is going great!

20 wishes Challenge-

fix jetta- fingers crossed, I think its fixed. Nothing what we thought it was, but im not crossing it off yet.

sketch out a 5 year plan- this has been really fun. I have come up with some great goals.

read 12 books- 2 down 4 more started. I forget how much I enjoy reading.

embroidery grid sampler-got a book from the library for more stitches to learn. How fun!

recycle- going really well. So far I am doing cans, cardboard and plastic. My kitchen is the size of a closet, so I need a brilliant idea of how to organize a center so I can recycle more.


Now on to February

Homesteading
yeast donuts
flavored bagels
Noodle shapes included ravioli!
Frugal
No lights until dark
menu plan NO MATTER WHAT
make my own junk food

Needleworks
Finish farm and garden.
knit dish cloth
baby booties
start double wedding ring maybe?

20 wishes
Attend FAFSA Saturday
Finish both homesteading books
Organize Family photos
Begin hammon history



Comments

  1. Looks good!
    I've failed miserably on my attempt to cut down on my Coke intake. That sounds bad - as in Coca-Cola. In fact, it's use has gone up because we're stuck inside all day due to the weather which depresses me and therefore I drink, haha. I also "feel" like I need it because I can't keep up with all of the kids' pent-up energy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Brown Sugar Meatloaf

Really? Meatloaf? Actually this is really good! We usually have it a few times a month. Super easy too! 1/2 cup packed brown sugar 1/2 cup ketchup 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef {I use 1 pound} 3/4 cup milk 2 eggs {I only use 1 egg} 1 1/2 teaspoons salt 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper 1 small onion, chopped 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger 3/4 cup finely crushed saltine cracker crumbs {I usually use pretzels, I never seem to buy saltines} Directions 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 5x9 inch loaf pan. 2. Press the brown sugar in the bottom of the prepared loaf pan and spread the ketchup over the sugar. 3. In a mixing bowl, mix thoroughly all remaining ingredients and shape into a loaf. Place on top of the ketchup. 4. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour or until juices are clear. {source} What's for Dinner tonight in your house?

One Month to love book review

This book is divided into 30 short chapters that cover all different aspects of relationships in your life. Some people are more easy to love than others, and this definitely helps with the difficulties involved in some people. Some things in this book are very predictable. Such as focusing on the person that you actually with. In the age we live in, it is often easier or more convenient to 'play' on our phones or computers, instead of paying attention to the people that matter the most.  Each chapter ends with a challenge which includes questions or things to think about and consider. While much of this book is just reiterating what we all should be doing to maintain and straighten our relationships there are some surprising ideas. One that stood out to me is the chapter entitled. ' Practicing the art of risking awkwardness'.  Included in this chapter is the idea of swallowing your pride and facing the uncomfortable stage where something has happened and usually

BuildASign Review

For a few months I have been playing around with the idea of re-opening my etsy shop. But in doing so I would really want to make a go of it. This meaning, I need inventory, facebook page, business cards, etc. It just seemed like to daunting of a task. I have been working on my inventory for about a month. I still don't have all of the items made that I would like, but I am working on it. Facebook page is up, needs some updating and to be made puuurty but it is created. So on to business cards. I had been contacted by  BuildASign  to review a product of my choice. I jumped at the chance to order some business cards from this very reputable company. I not only wanted a good quality of paper for my business cards, but a customization template that was easy to use. They have it all! With their  Business Card Maker  I was able to create exactly what I was looking for and with very little effort of time. They don't just have business cards. They have a  banner maker , which woul